Sunday, April 24, 2011

America, You Have No Discipline When it Comes to Education: Response

In response to Tran's past post "After reading your post about the educational system I couldn't agree more with you about the whole inexperienced teacher problem, and I would like to vent to you. Throughout my middle school and high school career I have had many coaches as teachers, and I've realized that most of them should just be coaches. Most of my classes with coaches were "blow-off" classes where the teacher did not really care about the class he just wanted to pass so he/she wouldn't get in trouble. In some cases such as electives I can see that as almost acceptable but when it comes to core subjects (english, math, science, etc.) it is inexcusable. The duties of teaching such important classes should not be put into the hands of coaches, who it is not their expertise.
When such subjects that are tested on every year are not taken seriously then scores on these tests will drop, sometimes it is not the students fault but the teacher. I agree that the coaches should stick to sports and we should hire people that we truly find qualified to teach our students such valuable subjects. After all they are going to need all the preparation they can get for the tough college professors."

No comments:

Post a Comment